Strategic Sourcing Manager
$100000 to $120000 Per Year
Title: Strategic Sourcing Manager
Location: Virtual / (New York or Texas resident ideal)
About our Client:
A global Supply Chain company ranked among the top companies in its field in Europe and the World. As a major international player in the Transport and Logistics sector, they hold steadfast to satisfying all stakeholders, starting with their worldwide workforce who share the same values of commitment, innovation, trust, solidarity and passion.
Your Role as the Strategic Sourcing Manager:
The ideal candidate has experience with Specialized Transportation - Padded Van, Climate/Temperature Controlled, or other Specialized Equipment.
The procurement manager performs complex technical activities related to the purchasing of services in accordance with business strategy, company policy, and regulatory environment. Under limited direction, the procurement manager will research, evaluate, and purchase services based on price, capability, and quality.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiates bid/quote process; writes bid specifications & prepares bid forms; manages the bidding process; analyzes bid results; makes recommendations & awards
- Determines & develops supplier portfolio strategy; Identifies suitable suppliers based on price, quality, availability, reliability, and technical capabilities
- Maintains cooperative supplier working relationships
- Negotiates prices, contract terms & conditions, service deliverables
- Prepares contract documentation
- Reviews documentation for completeness, accuracy, risks
- Utilizes procurement tools to manage bid/quote process and contract administrative activities
- Actively participates in key stakeholder & department reviews to understand client needs
- Stays current with industry & market trends by interviewing suppliers, attending conferences, taking on-site tours, and researching trade journals & publications.
Background Profile for the Strategic Sourcing Manager:
- Bachelor's Degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, or equivalent
- 5+ years related experience
- Conversant in English with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Comfortable working with complex data sets and modern systems
- Capability to quickly learn and interpret complex technical rules, regulations, and requirements
- Ability to perform work with sound judgement, confidence, accuracy, confidentiality, and promptness
- Travel 15-20% for internal meetings and/or client visits
- North America Domestic Transportation & Distribution Market
- Modern Purchasing Methods
- Business Planning
- Contract Administration
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain Operations
- Database Design
- Word Processing & Spreadsheets
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media