Controls Engineer - Manufacturing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be one of the Process Experts regarding equipment and process issues, including (but not limited to) equipment downtime and production of nonconforming product.
- Identify, Implement and Maintain opportunities for technical improvement with existing Process Engineers and Technical Support Team members
- Project Management. Take responsibility for large-scale projects including design, supplier identification, fabrication, budget and timing to insure a successful launch within the required scope of the project as it relates to Electrical and Control aspects.
- Continuous Improvement Driver: Improve profitability and efficiencies of Business Unit(s) through implementation of process improvements affecting scrap, labor and downtime. Drive continuous improvement initiatives and cost savings through application of Lean and Six Sigma Manufacturing techniques such as 5S, SMED and Error-proofing.
- Participate in product launches to ensure a smooth transition from design and launch phases into manufacturing. Develop process failure mode effects analysis (PFMEA’s) to identify and minimize any potential issues.
- Responsible for equipment purchases, as necessary, including presenting justification for capital expenses on new equipment or process improvements, as well as design, specification, and standardization of equipment,
- Design and manage new equipment process development, timing, budget, setup, debug and training.
- Work with Operations, Engineering, and Quality departments to setup SPC files for new products/processes or executes changes to existing ones. Work with existing DCS and SCADA systems, as well as develop new ones to ensure accurate process data is available at all levels of manufacturing.
- Create update, and maintain manufacturing work instructions (S.O.P.’s). Train operators on manufacturing processes.
- Must be knowledgeable in the effective use of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) tools and concepts to assist in process improvements, both within Company, and externally at our customers/suppliers. Serve as an active participant in LSS programs that promote continuous improvement
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or 5-7 years of proven experience in the Industrial Controls field
- Technical experience with Vision system integration, programming and Maintenance.
- Technical knowledge of Industrial Networking including but not limited to Ethernet, RS 232 /485, and CANBUS protocols (i.e., DEVICENET, PROFIBUS, etc,)
- Competent PC Programming skills including but not limited to VB, VBA, C++, and JAVA
- Experience with Database integrations including but not limited to SQL, Oracle and Crystal
- Experience Designing and Integrating DCS and SCADA systems for “Real-Time” Data access
- Understanding of various types of tooling and standards (Metal stamping, steel rule dies, etc…)
- Functional knowledge of the APQP process and requirements for automotive PPAP
- Functional knowledge of Lean, Six-Sigma and TPM doctrines
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Creative Program Solving
- Interpersonal Relationships
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media