Customer Service - Industrial Automation - 3rd Shift
A remote Customer Service representative with industrial automation and controls products experience is needed to work remotely for a global leader and manufacturer of industrial sensors, safety systems and automatic identification products for industrial automation applications. This is a remote opportunity reporting to their office in the Boston, MA area.
Why work here?:
- Technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries!
- Work remotely from home office anywhere in US!
- Customers are in a wide range of industries!
- Competitive wages and an excellent benefits program - top 5% in nation!
- PTO program beginning at 17 days, with accruals per 12 month period – plus 8 paid holidays/year, including 2 floating days!
- Provide continuous technical support for assigned products, systems, and services to direct sales teams, distributors, and/or customers through telephone conversations and written communication.
- Provide end-user technical support including: “how-to” questions, routine maintenance activities, configuration, upgrades, minor enhancements, customization, features, and functionality.
- Knowledgeable on Service Level Agreements for key customers, priorities, and emergency escalation paths. Proficient at gauging the difficulty of requests while considering priority.
- Primary phone and email support role to solve customer needs and requests promptly while striving to exceed department responsiveness goals.
- Provide internal and external customers with answers to general questions regarding sales tools, product specifications, product information, etc.
- Handle basic customer situations upholding and/or improving customer perception; solve or escalate as appropriate, customer problems as expeditiously as possible.
- Review technical support documents, application solution write-ups, FAQs, and other supporting materials.
- Answer customer phone calls professionally and consistently; interface customer calls with the CRM system.
- Use CRM system for all customer and sales process data to ensure proper documentation and retention.
- Guide customers to the best resources to fit their needs including technical support, distribution information, and other relevant information the customer may require.
- Provide a highly responsive service-oriented interface for Field Sales, distributors, and customers.
- Mentor / train on products, systems and services to direct sales teams, distributors, and/or customers.
- Recommend process improvement solutions.
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent technical customer service experience required, Engineering Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers successfully preferred
- 2 years of industrial automation experience preferred
- High level of understanding and knowledge of how to successfully provide technical support to customers over the phone and via email.
- Problem solving skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet applications.
- Occasional travel for training and customer interactions (up to 20%).
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed. This is 3rd shift – 6pm-6am ET on a 2-week rotation where one week is Mon/Tues/Fri/Sat and the other is Sun/Wed/Thurs.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media