Manager, Process Improvement Engineer
Manager of Process Improvement to support our State of The Art Chemical Manufacturing plant. In this role, you will develop, champion, and implement process improvements to the chemical production and quality control processes, in order to improve quality, process reliability and reduce cost. If you are looking to join an established and growing organization with great company culture, then we want to hear from YOU!
1) Champion new product development by developing new production processes and producing customer samples, as
well as supervising scale-up of new products from laboratory, to Pilot Plant, to Production, while ensuring analytical
methods, SOP’s, MSDS etc. are in place.
· Champion efforts to improve analytical capabilities, improve analytical methods, purchase new equipment and develop
new methods to improve the efficiency of Quality Control (QC).
· Serve as on-site technical expert to resolve day-to-day chemical production and QC problems, as well as assist in
· Supervise group activities and prioritize workload to ensure that the most critical issues are resolved expeditiously.
· Provide technical guidance and support to Hydantoin and Oleochemical Business Units.
· Lead efforts to evaluate and approve/reject new raw material for production.
· Develop, champion, and implement process improvements to Hydantoin and Preservative Production and QC
processes, in order to improve quality, process reliability and reduce cost.
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical engineering.
· Minimum of 5-10 years experience in a manufacturing or chemical plant environment.
· Knowledge of chemistry, statistical analysis, technical writing.
· Knowledge of basic specialized laboratory equipment including Hoval, GC, centrifuge, and titrating equipment.
· Time Management skills; facilitation skills; delegation skills; computer software skills (Excel, Word, Minitab,
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, across all levels of the organization and ability to authoritatively
discuss technical issues with internal and customer experts.
· Comfortable handling rapidly changing priorities common to a manufacturing industry
· Experience with OEE (Operational Equipment Efficiency) tracking program preferred
· SAP skills preferred
A multi-billion dollar company is in transition to take off with explosive growth. Top benefits, top relo, and 401K program. 3 weeks vacation to start! This plant is state of the art with not only production but a world-class lab and pilot plant! In a relaxed beautiful part of central PA. Fantastic cost of living with tons of outdoor activity from hunting to hiking!
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media