Sr Automation Engineer
Why work here?
- Stable company in business over 30 years!
- Run your own projects and work with clients directly!
- Clients are Fortune 100 companies!
- Large multi-million dollar projects!
- Excellent compensation!
- Family healthcare premiums covered by the company
- Automatic retirement contribution of up to 10% of base salary!
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Work directly with customers to develop an understanding the their processes, control methods, and requirements for successful project completion
- Write functional specification, sequence of operations, system installation instructions in accordance with standards and procedures
- Design control systems, program PLC, HMI, and SCADA, specify instrumentation and oversee electrical and mechanical design
- Lead teams of co-workers through execution of large or complex control system implementations and start-ups
- Manage project schedule and budget to achieve established objectives
- Lead a team in the start-up and commissioning of new process equipment within a plant floor environment
- Work independently with very little supervision and with high personal and team accountability
- BS degree in Engineering or technical degree with equivalent experience
- 5+ years automation experience with good working knowledge of fluid process control systems, 3+ years in food, beverage, or dairy processes is desirable
- Demonstrated development skill with most of the following:
- Allen Bradley RSLogix 500 & 5000 series PLC's (Modicon, Siemens, GE, or other PLC experience a plus)
- Rockwell FactoryTalk, Wonderware and/or GE iFix HMI platforms
- Rockwell PanelviewPlus
- Database platforms including SQL or other
- Industrial Communications with Ethernet and ASi, Modbus, ControlNet or DeviceNet
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Project
- AutoCAD – 2D Electrical & PID drawings
Control System Design, Programming, Commissioning, and Troubleshooting in one or more of the following food and beverage processes is highly desirable. Similar experience in other industries will be considered.
- Separation / Clarification
- Pasteurization using HTST and UHT processes
- Drying and Evaporating
- Fermentation / Cultured processes
- Membrane processes
- Filling and Packaging
- Ability to troubleshoot complex electrical, instrumentation, and pneumatic systems in a timely manner. Operate multimeters, gauges, calibration equipment and other related measuring devices.
- Willing to travel 30% around US and Canada
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English
- Must be a United States Citizen or documented proof of eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must have a current driver's license
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media