Operations Technology Engineer
$110000 to $125000 Per Year
We have an opening in Cybersecurity for an Operation Technology Engineer in Virginia with a global manufacturing company! This is a permanent position with full benefits starting minute one day one including unlimited PTO and relocation, if needed.
Operations Technology Engineer (OTE) will be the single point of contact (SPOC) for deploying OT strategy in a manufacturing plant and work as a liaison between plant operations and the central automation team.
OTE will maximize the availability of industrial automation systems (Hardware, Network, Scada Software, Database, Integration of new components and solutions) and use cybersecurity tools (Claroty, Factory Talk Security, Factory Talk Asset Center) for threat mitigation and unauthorized access to industrial control systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex, ambiguous issues and escalate when necessary
- Project Management related to industrial networking, applications upgrade / deployments
- Industrial Automation Asset Management using Claotry / SolarWinds
- Management of vendor access in PLC and Scada application
- Continuous improvement of Cybersecurity KPI (Vulnerability mitigation, threat detection, access management)
- Maintain and update industrial automation architecture
- Industrial automation hardware and software life cycle management
- Organize windows patch install in industrial automation servers and workstations with the Americas server infrastructure team
- Master plan development for industrial networking and industrial applications roadmap
- Share knowledge and learnings through company North America networking
- Enforce company North America automation standards / specifications
- Identify opportunities to evolve applications by proposing improvement actions to the Manager to satisfy business needs according to OT and IT standards
- Identify and communicate breakdowns and gaps in performance with respective personnel / systems
- Facilitate meetings regarding continuous improvement of system performance
- 5-7 years of job experience in operations technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology/Management Information system or any related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in food manufacturing related to information systems and automation technologies OR minimum of 10 years of experience in food manufacturing related to information systems and automation technologies in lieu of degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience and working knowledge in plant wide automation network design
- Experience and working knowledge in logic controller communications
- Experience and working knowledge of Allen Bradley/ Rockwell PLC programming
- Experience and working knowledge in Industrial networking
- Experience and working knowledge in Auto Cad and Microsoft Visio
- Experience and working knowledge of the following distributed Scada systems such as Inductive Automation’s Ignition Platform, Wonderware System platform, Factory Talk View SE
- Experience and working knowledge in Microsoft Office suite and windows operating system
- Must be highly self-directed and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be organized and self-disciplined to accommodate the management of concurrent multiple projects.
- Excellent conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in IT and OT network segregation using Purdue model
- Fast learner, open to learn new things (attending training & certification related to the role as needed) and adapts to change
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- ISA/IES 62443 Cybersecurity Certification is a plus
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media