Accounting Policy Manager (Hedge Accounting focus)
Our Client is a fast growing, well known, Life & Annuities carrier that encourages their employees to take on new internal opportunities and challenges which in turn supports a holistic view of the organization. This has led to a culture of associates being empowered to drive the direction of the organization while facilitating the continued growth of this carrier. The carrier has a history of structuring roles and teams around the talents and subject matter expertise of the individual. Certainly, an environment which supports career growth.
The carrier is founder led by a CEO and a team who have extensive expertise and strong records of structuring transactions which drive the success of this carrier. It is also supported by a global alternative investment manager and managed through associates and executives who are well known and well-respected leaders in the life & annuity space.
Their mission is to help individuals achieve a clear picture of what their retirement should look like and then put in place a structure that will give someone the security and predictability they are looking for in their retirement income.
This Accounting Policy Manager position is a new role which is being driven by growth in the organization, growth in the OAP office (about 10 people right now), and by a desire to formalize the subject matter expertise in the group around Hedge Accounting. There is a Director in the group who now handles much of the hedge accounting considerations, but that Director is also involved with other pieces of accounting policy, so a FTE has been created to move the hedge accounting piece over to the new person who can focus on ASC 815/FAS 133, Derivative Accounting / Hedge Accounting.
In this role, you will be part of developing hedge accounting strategies, providing effectiveness testing and you will have good exposure and opportunities to build relationships with executives in the organization including the Head of Risk. While initially, the focus of this role will be Hedge Accounting, you can expect to be given the opportunity to step into broader accounting policy areas since the emphasis in the OAP group is to build out a strong, well rounded team. This is an individual contributor role right now but organizationally, there is good progression upward.
- Technical accounting and research for investments
- Development of new hedging strategies and evaluating the impact of new hedging strategies on our financial statements.
- Investment integration related to strategic investment transactions.
- Work across the organization to ensure that hedge accounting designations and hedge effectiveness testing is appropriately performed and consistent with GAAP /Stat requirements.
- Coordinate GAAP / Stat accounting policy activities in all business units for the investment portfolio.
- Ability to research, resolve and communicate technical accounting matters & new pronouncements.
- 5+ or more years of related experience in technical accounting, auditing or advisory group experience.
- Insurance experience would be ideal but not required.
- Strong knowledge of investments (derivatives, alternatives, CLO’s, structured assets)
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media