Continuous Improvement Engineer
$90000 to $100000 Per Year
Come join one of the leading employers in the Burlington / Fort Madison, Iowa area where in the Mississippi River valley you will enjoy a great family atmosphere, loads of outdoor activities and moderate climate.
Our client offers top-notch benefits, a relocation package, a strong salary and a great work environment with excellent leadership!
In this role you will lead teams to identify plant continuous improvement issues and programs that will improve on productivity, process efficiency, waste minimization and related. As the Continuous Improvement Engineer you will provide training & coaching in lean principles and tools to eliminate waste in all operations functions. You will be responsible for challenging conventional thinking at the site, and help develop a culture of sustained CI.
- Mentor and guide leadership, peers, and facility team members in the understanding, use and implementation of Lean principles and tools.
- Coach, direct, and promote a culture of continuous improvement utilizing Lean principles (Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, 5S, Standard Work, Line/Cell Design, Single Piece Flow, Material Flow, Visual Management, SMED, TPM, Root Cause Problem Solving, etc.)
- Seeks and evaluates process improvement and lean enterprise information, materials, and methods to match specific organizational and adapts them to use in the execution of process improvement events.
- Coordinates with related departments and functions to assure appropriate information flow and understanding of overall process improvement direction.
- Assist in identifying continuous improvement data tracking opportunities to meet the needs of the continuous improvement program and the overall operation.
- Perform personnel training on Lean Continuous improvement principles.
- Develops reports of overall Continuous Improvement activities including accomplishments, participation, projected activities, and anticipated needs.
- Generate measurable savings annually from continuous improvement projects.
To be considered
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering (Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical) or other related field highly desired.
- Minimum accredited Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, preferably Black Belt
- Minimum 5 years proven continuous improvement analytical experience from a similar role, including project management and business analysis
- Excellent communication, team interaction and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as lead/participate on cross functional teams.
- Proven experience as a self-starter who effectively manages multiple tasks and achieves results with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience in computers and standard software packages (MS Office, Google Suite, AutoDesk, SolidWorks, and SAP).
- Familiarity with high-speed packaging operations would be a plus.
EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY: To be considered for employment you must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer and you will not require employment visa sponsorship now or in the futureApply Online
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media