Principle R&D Engineer
$180000 to $250000 Per Year
LOS ANGELES / HYBRID
This is a rapidly growing high-tech entrepreneurial company in the heart of West Los Angeles.
The Principal Research and Development (R&D) Engineer oversees and participates in the capture, planning, design, prototyping, and verification of wireless technology projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Technical management of R&D projects and programs to include:
· Responsibility for overall system design and requirement specification.
· Setting and tracking development schedules and tasks.
· Overseeing paper design, simulation, software, FPGA, and testing efforts.
· Customer-facing engagement and technical material preparation where needed.
· Reporting to management as required for strategic planning and assessment.
· Participate in R&D business development and capture efforts to include:
· Whitepaper and proposal preparation.
· Understand current technology and pitch future enhancements and strategies.
· Communicate (telephone/email/in-person) engagement with government and industry.
· Work collaboratively within the senior R&D team on the following:
· Executing larger, team-wide projects.
· Setting a comprehensive team-wide technology portfolio and pipeline.
· As necessary, perform other related duties of which the above are representative.
· When necessary, supervise a team of junior or senior engineers involved in a given project or R&D program for which the Principal Engineer is responsible.
Qualifications and Experience
· M.S. or Ph.D. in a relevant technology field (i.e., wireless communications, signal processing, statistics, optimization, networking, RF design, etc.).
· 10 years of experience in the design and development of wireless systems.
· 5 years of experience in technical project leadership (i.e., principal investigator).
· Participation in the complete technology development cycle: design to field testing.
Areas of skill (familiarity required, expertise desirable):
· Simulation and prototyping software: C/C++, MATLAB, Python, etc.
· RF propagation, channel modeling, digital communication.
· Wireless ad-hoc mesh networking, medium access, and routing algorithms.
· Signal processing algorithms, MIMO, OFDM, beam-nulling, etc.
· Cognitive radio congested and contested spectrum, interference mitigation.
· RF sensing, signal detection, and classification, etc.
· Technical writing, proposal preparation, and technical presentation.
· Must be a U.S. person or U.S. Citizen due to clients under U.S. government contracts.
· Employment is contingent upon the successful clearance of a background check.
· Infrequent travel to support customer interactions or test and demonstration events.
Los Angeles, CA
Compensation Range: $180k - 250k
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media