Distribution Design Engineer - Team Lead
We are currently looking for an experienced Distribution Design Team Lead to support our Transmission & Distribution Team in Richmond VA or Williamsburg VA office. You will be directly involved in the design of electrical distribution facilities including feeders, laterals, underground ties, transformers, switches, and equipment upgrades for 4 kV, 15 kV, 23 kV, 35 kV, and 69kV and design for overhead and underground lines.
The Team Lead will coordinate and implement quality management standards to maintain excellence in deliverables. The Team Lead will confirm that all project work complies with appropriate client standards and meets all specified requirements. This position is critical in implementing effective quality management so that the project work is delivered to a high standard of quality that meets the requirements and expectations of the client organizations.
- Lead small team of engineers and designers and manage their workload.
- You will be directly involved in the design of electrical distribution facilities including feeders, laterals, underground ties, transformers, switches, and equipment upgrades for 4 kV, 15 kV, 23 kV, 35 kV, and 69kV and design for overhead and underground lines.
- Perform QA/QC on projects before submittal to the client.
- Train entry level designers on Design Manager and distribution engineering; mentor less experienced designers to improve inefficiencies.
- Perform site field visit for verification of existing distribution facilities and project requirements.
- Develop bill of materials required for construction, based upon client standards.
- Develop construction prints detailing facilities to be removed/installed.
- Develop permit drawings as necessary to accommodate construction.
- Review project scope and identify issues early on.
- Support the day-to-day activities of the project from inception through engineering, construction, commissioning and hand over.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related experience
- Minimum 4 -6 years utility experience (electric, water, gas, or telecom)
- Experience working on major electrical utility projects
- Strong GIS experience
- Proficiency with GE Small World (i.e. Design Manager and Pole Foreman)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven leadership ability and strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of electrical utility systems, policies and procedures including engineering standards
- Flexibility to prioritize and work on multiple projects with staggered due dates and scopes
- Valid driver’s license
- Available to travel up to 20%
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media