Ultrasound Technician (Nephrology)
Our Nephrology organization is currently seeking a skilled ultrasound technician to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing ultrasound examinations on patients with kidney-related conditions, assisting nephrologists in diagnosing and treating patients, and ensuring that ultrasound equipment is maintained and operated in a safe and effective manner.
- Conducting ultrasound examinations of the kidneys, bladder, and other related organs
- Recording and interpreting images using ultrasound diagnostic equipment
- Collaborating with nephrologists to provide accurate images and assist in diagnosis
- Maintaining and operating ultrasound equipment and ensuring that it is clean and properly calibrated
- Maintaining patient records and ensuring that patient confidentiality is maintained
- Assisting with patient preparation and positioning for ultrasound examinations
- Administering contrast agents as directed by the physician
- Participating in quality assurance and quality control programs
- Must have knowledge of GRAFTS and FISTULAS
- Completion of an accredited ultrasound technician program
- Current registration with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an ultrasound technician in a clinical setting, preferably in nephrology
- Extensive knowledge of kidney anatomy and physiology
- Familiarity with ultrasound diagnostic equipment and software
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with patients and physicians
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Willingness to work flexible hours
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media