Maintenance Planner - Manufacturing
$80000 to $90000 Per Year
MAINTENANCE PLANNER - ROCHELLE, IL
- Ensure the work prioritization process is adhered to utilizing a computer maintenance management system
- Review Work Requests for accuracy, duplication and convert to Work Orders.
- Prioritize corrective work derived from preventive maintenance (PM) work orders (WO) with high priority.
- Plan and schedule work requests originating in SAP that are not prioritized as an emergency or break-in work.
- Develop comprehensive, thorough maintenance job plans that facilitate the safe and effective execution of work.
- Provide support to all shifts to ensure adherence to the schedule.
- Create, use and maintain plant history and other technical files to include information in current job plans to anticipate and avoid job delays.
- Develop condition-based monitoring routes, load levels, and seed dates.
- Review, update and optimize PM routes and bills of materials (BOMs) in SAP.
- Manage all MRO Parts inventory stores to ensure the availability of parts / materials to execute work.
- Lead scheduling meetings where Maintenance interventions are synchronized with Production according to business needs.
- Develop schedule loading and publish a 4-week horizon schedule with the understanding of manpower availability, operational requirements and a knowledge of time, cost and quality estimating.
- Provide technical assistance as required for maintenance personnel in executing the work.
- Monitor parts/materials from point of order until staging / kitting.
- Maintain up to date visual boards utilized in the workshop so all parties can see daily work scope and weekly KPI's.
- Coordinate the arrival of materials, people, parts, and equipment to the job site so that they are on time and available in the logical order per the scheduled work plan.
- Ensure that job feedback, part and procedural problems identified during Work Execution are used to update procedures and enhance future execution.
- Work with engineering & asset reliability to support asset hierarchy, BOMs and PMs.
- Apply simple lifecycle costing (LLC) strategy when deciding between maintain, overhaul or replacing components.
- Plan and schedule within budgeted overtime limits.
- Forecast and review resource needs based on an integrated Production Schedule and backlog data.
- Participate in the Maintenance department’s continuous improvement and knowledge collection efforts.
- A collaborative and engaging work environment and team culture
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Business Administration, Purchasing Finance Degree, or relevant experience and certification
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience in planning, purchasing, and inventory stores (food environment preferred)
- Advanced experience with ERP or CMMS planning, purchasing and inventory software tools
- Experience with Maintenance or Operational Planning and OEM vendor / supplier management
- Knowledge and participating in Six Sigma and/or Lean projects
- Fundamental understanding of manufacturing production systems (food production preferred)
- Organized and capable of working independently while managing multiple priorities with in a Team environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Email
- Technical curiosity and Questioning attitude
- Developed communication & interpersonal skills
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media