Plant Finance Manager
$130000 to $150000 Per Year
Company: Specialty Chemical Company
Position: Plant Finance Manager (Manufacturing)
Location: New Iberia, LA Area
Compensation: Salary $140,000 +/- Depending on Experience plus Bonus
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance, Retirement & Relocation Package
POSITION SUMMARY: Designs, implements and directs financial activities. Advises management in all financial matters with a focus on Accounting or Financial Planning. Primary responsibility for oversight of day-to-day maintenance of general accounting and/or financial reporting activities at the site. Manages consolidation of global financial account statements; monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes. Position can also apply to regional specialist roles, such as Cost Accounting, requiring specific technical knowledge
- Oversees accounting and/or financial analysis activities. Manages overall General Ledger transaction activities and related accounting practices as they pertain to the group sub-legers, including accounts payable, receivables, inventories and fixed assets.
- Ensures accounting records are prepared and kept in accordance with standards and generally-accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Coordinates consolidation and reconciliation of site accounting with corporate.
- Oversees monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes ensuring accuracy, timeliness, compliance and identification of financial/business issues.
- Works closely with local Facility General Manager (FGM).
- Provides direction on matters involving cost determination, inventory valuation, overhead distribution, product pricing and others. Leads development and communication of forecasts, analyses, budgets and other financial information to FGM.
- May manage professional accountants, financial analysts or accounting support staff. Effectively practice Performance Based Management by coaching and developing employees, direct as well as matrix reports, and assuring effective alignment with the matrix functions.
- Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care® Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001® technical specification, as applicable to the site/region.
- University degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Minimum five years of experience in accounting/financial management, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Expert knowledge of accounting, financial principles and ability to apply in a business setting.
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative in the absence of perfect information.
- Ability to build trust and gain support of personnel across organization.
- Ability to monitor and manage the performance and development of finance staff.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media