Plant Engineer | Process Engineer
$100000 to $135000 Per Year
You might want to explore this opportunity because...
- This is a mission driven company established to create a healthier environment with an engineering opportunity to have positive impact on the world.
Help optimize a sustainable, energy-neutral, and carbon-negative waste treatment process that reduces landfill usage and generates a usable byproduct.
Join the company in an opportunity where you will gain valuable knowledge and skills that will lead to quick promotion and advancement.
Location: North NJ near Newark – Linden area
Our client has constructed and tested a sludge gasification facility at its site in Linden, NJ. The plant includes a sludge drying unit, fluidized bed gasifier, a heat generation and recovery plant, and an emission control unit. We are seeking a Plant Process Engineer to join the team and serve as the primary engineering resource onsite, as well as the liaison to the central process technology engineering group in TN.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will act as the site Engineer and play a critical role in supporting the immediate plant start-up, operations, and future upgrades.
- Engineering Troubleshooting: Develop effective solutions to address mechanical and instrumentation problems in the plant.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving: Develop effective solutions to address mechanical and instrumentation problems in the plant.
- Investigate and diagnose recurring issues to identify root causes, propose effective solutions, complete a cost benefit analysis, and complete approved projects.
- Look at equipment reliability and work to improve it. Develop critical spare parts and recommendations for preventative maintenance.
- Participate in the Management of Change (MOC) and Process Hazard reviews (PHA).
- Provide technical support for maintenance activities.
- Complete small capital projects for plant improvement and participate in outage planning.
- Maintain permits for compliance with company and local regulations.
- Process Optimization: Work to optimize plant operations, maximize uptime and throughput.
- Improve plant standard operating procedures (SOPs) and participate in communicating changes to the operating staff. Conduct mini-operator training sessions as needed.
- Act as a liaison between the facility in Linden, NJ, and the central process technology engineering group in Tennessee to toward optimization of the plant throughput to operate near the original design specifications. Together, identify performance gaps, define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for plant performance, and prepare Heat and Material Balance data for operating scenarios.
What you’ll bring to the job:
We are interested in Chemical Engineers or Mechanical Engineers with experience supporting plant operations and a passion for engineering problem solving with team interactions in an industrial plant environment.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 4 – 30 years of experience working as an engineer in an Operating Plant with chemical or gas processes.
- Experience troubleshooting plant operations, with a willingness to work in a plant environment that includes field troubleshooting in all seasons.
- Experience completing capital projects and project start-ups.
- Ability to manage contractors and on-site field labor for modification work.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Ability to lift and carry materials or tools weighing 30 pounds.
- Proficiency in climbing ladders, stairs, and structures to access elevated areas within the facility.
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Properly utilize personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety harnesses when working at heights or in potentially hazardous conditions.
- 8 named holidays + 2 floating holidays and 17 days PTO
- 401k with matching, vested immediately. Current match is 2%; following the Plant Re-start the match will be 4%; when commercial milestones are met it jumps to 6%
- Full health benefits including medical, dental, and vision care.
- Employee STD, LTD, life and accidental death insurance.
- Optional enrollments for flexible spending, HSA, dependent life and accidental death, and critical illness and accident insurance.
- They also offer a variety of programs to employees including, health advocacy, educational assistance, adoption assistance, commuter benefits, caregiver support, and employee assistance
- The employee assistance program includes no-cost counseling sessions, a complimentary financial coaching, and a complimentary attorney consultation and mediation.
- (They anticipate equity shares for all employees in the immanent future; the plan is almost completed)
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media