Senior Business Systems Analyst
This role is remote during Covid and then will be required to be onsite, possibly as a split week between home and office, but definitely will need to be in the Boston office.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst will actively support the firm providing both business and systems analysis. This position is an analyst role requiring process and project management capabilities. The Business Analyst will serve as liaison between IT and business end-users for the development of strategic technology projects.
This position routinely handles confidential information, while maintaining a high level of customer service. Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information are absolutely essential.
- Demonstrate the ability in partnering with business units, systems infrastructure team, and application developers in the communication of required functionality of a new system or enhanced functionality in an existing application.
- Review/analyze a business environment and identify productivity initiatives that bring value to the business or provide cost savings.
- Elicit, document and manage business requirements.
- Set meeting agendas, document meeting minutes, and track/resolve action items including providing status to teams and project managers.
- Work closely with the technical team and business to ensure that developed functionality meets requirements.
- Work with the business teams on all areas of implementation, including process and procedure description, test case development, process testing, training, measurement and reporting.
- Manage a variety of small, medium and large scale technology projects with time-line up to approximately 12 months with minimal guidance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- 5-7 years Business Systems Analyst experience in a Financial Services firm.
- Knowledge of financial software development and use of databases, especially knowledgeable with database structures and experience in creating queries and reports using SQL compatible reporting tools.
- Knowledge of Crystal Reporting.
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills with the ability to convey information to internal and external clients in a clear, focused and concise manner.
- Experience/understanding of business process reengineering, business systems development and analysis, and workflow analysis.
- Experience with AddVantage (Sungard System), GreenHill, Profx, OneSource, FactSet, Hummingbird DM & Charles River is a plus.
- Strong aptitude to self-start projects and to take ownership of every facet of projects through completion while multi-tasking on other initiatives.
- Must be able to learn new concepts within a complex and demanding environment
- Must be professional and know how to run meetings
- Must be able to work successfully in a small team environment
- Must be willing and able to “own” the process and take responsibility for meeting challenging deadlines. This will require flexibility in hours from time to time
- Have both a strong work ethic and a sense of “getting it right”
- Solid customer service skills
- Be a self-starter who is able to organize and manage own workload in a fast-paced environment
- Have a “can do” attitude and be willing to do whatever it takes, consistent with the expectations for everyone else in the office
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media