Business Development Specialist - Corporate
Business Development Specialist (Corporate/M&A/Fund Formation) for a Prominent and well known International Law Firm for their NY Location. The role will be remote temporarily due to Covid-19.
The Business Development Specialist will focus on assigned practices and will be cross-trained to support other practices and departments. The Business Development Specialist will report to a Sr. Business Development Manager, and will be based in the firm’s New York office (currently working remotely). Working closely with the broader Client Development & Marketing team, this position provides dedicated support to assigned practices and partners.
- Provide support with respect to a wide range of business development and marketing efforts, including:
- Coordinate and support the directories legal process, including producing draft submissions and reference lists for manager review; tracking timelines, deadlines and researcher assignments; coordinating communications and interviews; and related efforts
- Produce league table reports and perform quarterly submission and reconciliation checks
- Produce to deadline tailored pitch materials and proposals, including relevant and compelling firm messaging, experience and accolades, in line with firm brand guidelines
- Support RFP processes, including liaising with other firm departments
- Record BD goals, efforts and opportunities and track outcomes
- Ensure practice experience, client lists, matter descriptions, tombstones and client logos are updated and recorded within required deadlines
- Maintain and update pitch templates and practice descriptions, such that materials are available for use upon request
- Run queries and produce reports from internal and external databases, including custom experience lists, and provide support on research requests
- Track accolades
- Liaise with Communications, Events and broader Client Development & Marketing teams on marketing efforts, including event/webinar invitations, guest lists and logistics
- Support additional profile-raising activities including legal directories and league tables from time to time as determined by the needs of the firm
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- Very strong attention to detail, accuracy and organization – must be able to work in a thorough, diligent and proactive manner
- Strong time and project management skills; ability to prioritize and work within tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with all levels of firm personnel, including attorneys and staff
- Ability to be reliable to attorneys, fellow Client Development & Marketing team members and other firm support departments
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of and experience with third-party databases such as Pitchly, CapitalIQ, Preqin and PitchBook
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat are essential; knowledge of InDesign is preferred
- Undergraduate degree is required; JD degree and/or prior experience as an associate or paralegal preferred
- 4+ years of experience in a BD role in a professional services firm environment; law firm experience in corporate practice areas is strongly preferred
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media