RN Labor & Delivery
$28 to $40 Per Hour
Full time Nights Only & (rotating weekends) 7P-7A
This hospital is a growing 260-bed hospital that is proud of our history of serving the health care needs of the residents of McKinney and our surrounding communities for more than 90 years. Change and innovation have marked our commitment to our growing community's needs.
The Labor and Delivery RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- ADN required BSN is preferred
- Must have 1year experience in Labor & Delivery in an acute care setting
- 7 L&D rooms
- 28 bed total Womens Services
- 160 Deliveries monthly
- NO call for this position
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media