Seeking a motivated Mechanical Designer/Detailer to join our team in Auburn Hills to contribute to the design and release of our various new and existing products.
- Interface regularly with other design personnel to understand the component design intent, fit, function, and manufacturing/assembly
- Check 3D CAD within the master assembly to verify a components fit/function and ensure appropriate clearances have been maintained with neighboring
- Review manufacturing feasibility with design engineers, manufacturing personnel, and component suppliers
- Interface with internal manufacturing personnel and component suppliers to understand different manufacturing processes and
- Create 2D drawings detailing components and assemblies applying appropriate GD&T callouts, part feature tolerances, surface finishes, material specifications, heat treatment, test specifications, and inspection
- Collaborate with checker to ensure redline drawing mark-ups are implemented prior to drawing release.
- Perform critical stack-up and positional tolerances calculations as
- Comprehensive use of SolidWorks to generate 3D CAD designs and
- Update and maintain the CAD data for assigned components and assemblies within the SolidWorks PDM
- Use technical expertise to generate creative and innovative solutions overcoming design issues/obstacles.
- Participate in CAD design review meetings to identify and communicate any component interface
- Create/update required quality documentation for component designs (ex. drawing check list, supporting documentation such as tolerance stacks, etc…)
- 5-10 years’ experience creating component and assembly drawings.
- Working knowledge of ASME Y14.5 GD&T
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks creating 3D models and
- Experience in the design of sheet metal, weldments, and precision machined
- Knowledge of prototype and mass production manufacturing
- Must be goal oriented, highly effective, and cognizant to achieve project
- Demonstrated teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- 5-10 years’ experience creating powertrain or turf product component drawings
- Strong knowledge of ASME Y14.5 GD&T standards
- Strong knowledge of SolidWorks creating 3D models and drawings
- Experience in the design of castings and forgings
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in design or engineering related field of study
- Knowledge of working with a PDM system
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media