Automation Engineer - Robotics
This is your chance to develop elegant, robust automation system designs from fully automatic assembly lines to robotic cells to semi-automatic lean assembly cells in the Columbia, SC area. The successful candidate will show dedication, initiative, and kindness to work in a collaborative environment to produce innovative, robust machines to meet the customer’s goals.
- Design/programming of control systems for automated equipment, including work with PLC’s, servo motion, robotics, machine vision, etc.
- Interfacing with outside vendors for component selection, manufacturing, and assembly.
- Commissioning of machine to meet customer quality and cycle time requirements including testing and onsite startup.
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation
Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with automated equipment
- Able to write complete PLC programs from beginning to end for Rockwell and/or Siemens
- Able to program Rockwell and/or Siemens HMI’s
- Experience with industrial robots such as Fanuc, Epson, Kuka, ABB
- Experience with AC and Servo motion control Programming bar-code and RFID applications
- Programming direct part marking applications
- Experience with data logging and database interfaces
- Excellent interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environments
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Will be able to work effectively with minimal oversight.
- Must work well with clients and coworkers.
- Must be able to travel – job will require some out of town work typically in the Southeast but also possible to travel internationally for customer support and project installations up to 20% but typically 1-2 overnights a month
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media