- The Project Accountant will report to the company’s Accounting Manager and will assist in all phases of accounting including, but not limited to; financial reporting, analysis, budgeting, general ledger, and accounts payable.
- This position is based in the company’s beautiful headquarters office located in Rosemont, IL.
- Responsibilities: Prepare company financial statements and all monthly reports and tie all supporting schedules to the financial statements for real estate entities and development projects.
- Review the General Ledger for any adjusting entries and accruals and make all necessary journal entries.
- Submit the monthly financial package to the Accounting Manager for review and then forward to appropriate parties.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with Development Management and Joint Venture Agreements.
- Prepare capital calls and construction loan draws.
- Research and resolve issues with joint venture equity partners, lenders, and title companies.
- Complete all monthly cash, asset and liability reconciliations.
- Research and reconcile any discrepancies.
- Enter and pay corporate overhead invoices and project specific invoices.
- For completed assets, analyze rental revenues and real estate property operating expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately.
- Interface with 3rd party property managers.
- Interact with and assist the Real Estate Department with project and/or accounting related questions.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum 2 years’ related experience preferred.
- Will consider recent college grad with CPA.
- Real Estate and/or Construction industry experience a plus.
- Intermediate Excel skills required.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Sage, Timberline, or other Project Management/Accounting software experience a plus
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media