$18 to $24 Per Hour
Our Waterloo, IA client is looking to hire a CNC Programmer/Operator to their team. This person will create, update and prove out programs for parts routed to CNC machines. They will facilitate CNC operator training – including both classroom and hands-on training as well as run production jobs on CNC equipment as required. This person should have both CNC operation skills as well as programming skills.
- Follow and oversee rules and processes.
- Create manual and computer assist (CAM) machine programs utilizing multiple software (Vericut and Espirit), write work instructions and ensure accurate documentation for all processes.
- Determine required dimensions, tolerances and features by interpreting drawings, models and specifications.
- Determine and verify parameters to control cutting speed, feed, depth and angle of cut, tool path and other machine commands.
- Create and audit tool lists, machine routings, set up sheets and work instructions.
- Facilitate CNC operator training – both classroom and hands-on training.
- Promote safe working environment.
- Assess existing CNC programs and tooling for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate schedules with operations to complete prototype parts.
- Assist with production jobs on CNC equipment as required.
- Perform other duties as directed by Lead CNC Programmer/Manufacturing Technicians.
- Technical degree in CNC machining/programming or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in CNC machining/programming or combined equivalent of education and experience required.
- AutoCAD/Solidworks and Vericut experience preferred.
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of machining operations, superior troubleshooting and root cause analysis abilities are essential.
- Computer proficiency with a Manufacturing ERP system, AutoCAD, Excel, MS Office and CNC Programming software is required.
- Understanding of Geometric and Dimensioning Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to think critically, prioritize and manage multiple assignments.
- Experience with Multi-axis is a plus.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits Package
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media