Electrical Application Technician
ELECTRICAL APPLICATION TECHNICIAN
Job Title: Electrical Application Technician
Reports To: Service Program Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Customer Focused: Customers are at the center of business decision-making.
Quality Focused: As a team, we are committed to the superior quality of our products while providing great value to our customers.
Reliable: We are resourceful in finding and providing solutions to meet our customers unique needs.
Smart: Our team stays on top of changing technology and market trends to offer the best available solutions.
Devoted: The client is dedicated to creating collaborative partnerships with our customers. Strong Work Ethic: Our foundation is built on honesty, integrity, and grit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Must be willing to travel in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico
• Must have a valid passport
• Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities.
• Understands customer requirements relating to problems to products and equipment.
• Services customer equipment, where applicable, to maintain optimum performance of the test equipment.
• Instructs customers on how to use and service equipment.
• Identifies test equipment problems and ensures that they are properly communicated to the appropriate staff representatives.
• Maintains accurate and timely reports on work activities and time utilization.
• Participates in the installation, setup, start-up, and validation of new test equipment.
• Provides input, as requested, into the design, installation and start-up of test equipment
• Responsible for setting up their own travel arrangements when necessary.
• Works on special projects as assigned to assist design engineers, and other employees.
• Establishes and maintains effective relations with customers, sales personnel, and internal staff personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Be able to provide training on software and hardware products for customers.
• The primary product line service responsibility will be testing products with potential additional service responsibility.
• Experience with industrial and automotive electronics including wiring, controls, serial communications, and network configuration.
• Provide repair services on products.
• Install new products and assure they meet desired customer expectations and application needs.
• Provide technical support both in person and via phone/computer.
• Train new personnel within the organization and representative organizations.
• Produce written reports and documents as required in a timely manner.
• Organize and manage all administrative functions which include but are not limited to: submitting paperwork at appropriate time intervals communicated by management, work with our service coordinator to schedule travel well in advance to group customers together to manage travel costs, update any and all changes for customer contacts to maintain accurate customer information.
• Responsible for the handling and transportation of tools and equipment used during visits to customer’s job site.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Associate Degree in Electrical Technology, Computer science or equivalent technical degree or equivalent experience.
• 2 to 5 years’ experience in automotive electronics technology or related electronics service field.
• Experience installing products/systems with both hardware and software components.
• Strong customer service skills and demeanor.
• Basic wiring design capabilities.
• Good “hands-on” electrical and mechanical skills.
• Able to perform in high-pressure situations, as a system being down is high priority for customers.
Travel requirements are 50% of the job. Mostly local/domestic day trips, but some weekend or weeklong trips out of state or to Canada / Mexico.
Company paid short term and long-term disability Company paid Life Insurance of $15,000 401K Health Benefits:
• Vision Employee Referral Program Fun company and team building events including volunteering opportunities.
Effective ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-management, customers, and employees as needed.
Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents, up to 25 lbs., or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. The performance of this position will require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection, safety vests, and appropriate footwear. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.Apply Online
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media