$80000 to $100000 Per Year
$80-95K plus bonus
Our Omaha, NE manufacturing client is looking to add an Automation Engineer to their Engineering team. The Automation Engineering role shall support the Product Platforms and Engineering team by providing detailed Automation Engineering support. An individual in this role is expected to provide guidance and direction to other Engineering team members concerning electrical panel design (per UL508A), automation and control systems, verification, validation, and risk assessment activities. Directly involved in product design for customized solutions and supports the Product Development Process.
You will be supported by an organization that is known as an industry leader in their market, that not only manufactures high quality products in the bar, data communication, industrial cable, cord and hose reel lines. Qualified candidates will be results-focused, self-directed, data-driven and have the ability to adapt easily to the changing needs of the business and our customers. This is a hands-on position. You will be working with the risk management, EHS, engineering and manufacturing teams to identify trends and work to implement preventative measures to limit failure of product and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Automation Engineering, or Robotic Engineering.
- Experience with UL508A panel design, motion and motor control systems, mathematical modeling, logic controller programming, and validation is required.
- Experience using EPlan Electric P8 and Solidworks 2016 or newer preferred.
- Knowledge or Siemens logic controllers and drives required. Knowledge of ABB and Allen Bradley controllers and drives is preferred.
- Understanding and experience with regulatory codes such as UL, NEC and NFPA.
- Skilled in reading and interpreting electric, electronic and mechanical drawings and schematics.
- Strong written and oral communication skills the ability to communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience in technical documentation and report generation.
- Designs, develops, and tests electrical and automation products from concept to completion for bespoke customer applications.
- Utilizes EPlan Electric to complete industrial control panel designs including schematics, electrical diagrams, and bills of materials.
- Creates ladder logic diagrams, control programs, and programs logic controllers and variable frequency drives for motor and motion control applications.
- Assembles schematics, electrical diagrams, drawing packages, bills of materials, math data, and other technical documentation required to process ECOs.
- Carries out all activities related to custom-engineered solution development including, but not limited to, design, simulation, schematics, panel layouts, logic diagrams, prototyping, and testing.
- Completes UL508A compliant control panel schematics, layouts, and bills of material.
- Starts-up and commissions motion control systems including applications in the Port and Container handling market and Overhead Crane market.
- Supports new product launch activities and coordinates product line transitions from the Product R+D Team to a Product Platform.
- Actively involved in building, assembling, and testing designs.
- Performs design validation and verification of products as required to assure products meet specifications.
- Assesses and identifies project and product risks, takes action to reduce risks throughout the course of a development or research project.
- Supports corrective action investigation, analysis, and permanent corrective action implementation.
- Performs on-site inspections and supports commissioning activities.
- Understands and interprets regulatory codes such as UL, NEC and NFPA.
- Perform any other duties as required by the customer and assigned by management. Supports and upholds the Quality and EHS policy. Upholds the Core Values.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media