Responsibilities: The overall purpose of this position is to manage local scheduling and operations of approximately 1000 hourly associates in the processing of fresh chickens. Individual will ensure the maximization of human and automated resources. Specific Responsibilities include:
- Oversee daily activities of the processing plant to maximize scheduling and utilization of resources.
- Interface with all levels of management to ensure smooth coordination of scheduling and maximization of scheduling adherence; provide input on local conditions; identify needs and receive direction on staffing increases or decreases.
- Enact contingency plans as needed; escalate and direct activities during production problems, disasters, etc.; identify potential problems, forecast production issues and inform senior level management.
- Approve schedules/production and work with local management to communicate and fill schedules, meet production orders and handle exceptions.
- Review ongoing performance results to goal/standards and take corrective measures with authorization escalated as needed.
- Develop and manage annual budget.
- Oversee operations budget to ensure compliance with OP Plan and ensure plant achieves Agri-Stats “Average Company” or better results.
- Ensure compliance with all city, county, state and federal regulations.
14. Develop and foster an environment which promotes the company as the “employer of choice.”
15. Perform all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage the associates.
Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Poultry Science. Business Administration or related discipline is required. Master’s or MBA preferred. Twelve to sixteen years of operations experience with at least ten being in the poultry industry. Must have achieved the level of Production Superintendent or above.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media