Field Service Technician
Under the direction of the Services Supervisor, the Field Service Technician is responsible for delivering hands-on support at customer sites across the United States. This role will contribute to the delivery of Customer Support Services to our customers and help foster long-term profitable relationships with our customers.
DETAILS OF DUTIES:
- Oversee mechanical installation of equipment at customer locations performed by local contractors.
- Perform assigned customer related preventative maintenance services as set out in Service Level Agreements with individual customers.
- Provide customer training on systems purchased by company customers.
- Liaison with customers to provide solutions through system troubleshooting & diagnostics
- Create formal field service reports in a timely manner proceeding site visits which outline the findings of the visit.
- Deliver hands-on support and service at customer site occasionally at short notice.
- Frequent interaction with our manufacturing facilities in both Canada and Finland
- Extensive travel primarily in North America, and on occasion globally
- Ensure all company health and safety policies, procedures, and responsibilities are followed during all work activities both at the installation site,
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong customer focus and the ability to relate well to customer needs. Previous experience in a customer service environment would be an asset.
- Knowledge of automated machinery operations in an industrial environment would be an asset.
- Ability to use computers diagnostic tools and basic computer skills.
- Ability to prepare detailed field service reports.
- Strong ability to read mechanical drawings and possess assembly and maintenance skills. Fabrication and machine shop skills and/or electrical knowledge would be considered an asset.
- Ability to train customers on mechanical systems through effective communication, demonstration, and formal instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of multi-function team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to deal courteously and effectively with all levels of staff, the public, customers, partners, and any other potential stakeholders.
- Problem-solving skills, discretion, and demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment when handling confidential/sensitive information and communicating with customers regarding controversial matters.
- Effective organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills, with ability to prioritize work to meet customer service standards and deadlines without compromising service.
- High degree of accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Spoken/written knowledge of additional languages an asset.
- Availability to travel and work flexible shifts including overtime as required related to the installation, training, and service requests of customers.
- Associate Degree in Industrial Maintenance Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial automation/robotics
- Extensive travel is required for this position, up to 90%
- Valid driver’s license, passport and non-restrictive travel ability to market countries are requirements for this position.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media