RN - Med/Surg/Telemetry Staffing Pool - Nights
$20 to $40 Per Hour
Med/Surg/Telemetry Staffing Pool– Asheville, NC
Full-time Nights – 7p to 7a
This facility serves our 18 county region in western North Carolina. It is the state's sixth largest health system, operating six hospitals, numerous outpatient and surgery centers, post-acute care provider, long-term acute care provider, and the region's only dedicated Level II trauma center. With approximately 12,000 colleagues and 2,000 volunteers, Mission Health is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people of western North Carolina.
About the Department:
The staffing pool consists of Medical Surgical – Telemetry, Progressive Care, and Critical Care Pools. Registered Nurses will support 12 different medical surgical units, 6 progressive care units, and 5 intensive care units. Opportunities to advance to Progressive Care and Critical Care areas after nine months in Medical Surgical- Telemetry float pool.
- Provides leadership which facilitates the delivery of professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family.
- Implements medically prescribed interventions.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Effective 3/1/18 Bachelor of Science in Nursing OR enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program within 6 months AND obtain a BSN within 4 years of hire date into RN position. Previous signed BSN commitment letter OR grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions may be approved with CNO System Council approval.
Preferred Education: Master’s in Nursing
Certifications & Licensure:
- Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON
- BLS Healthcare Provider.
- National Certification in area of specialty preferred
Two years of experience as a Registered Nurse in an Acute Care (hospital) environment.
NOTE: Based upon intake call, candidates with one year solid experience will be considered.
***Great opportunity for growth and for RN's to enter other specialized areas.***
- Busy units, High volume
- Nurse/Patient Ratio: 1:5 may be 1:6
- Nurse driven, autonomous, modified self-scheduling
- Addt’l support provided by CNA
- ED experience welcome
- NO NEW GRADS
***Additional information available upon request.
Compensation - based upon years of experience:
Min: $24/hr. Mid: $33.83 (15+ yrs. exp.) Max: $43.65/hr. (25+ yrs. exp.)
***Sign-on/Relocation Assistance - Up to $15K (NIGHT SHIFT ONLY) sign-on bonus/relocation assistance available for qualified candidates with a 2-year commitment***. Paid out on first check.
Differentials: 2nd Shift: $4/hr., 3rd Shift: $6/hr., Weekend: $3.50/hr. Stackable
This position is eligible for an extra $5/hr. float pool premium once off orientation (8-12 weeks).
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media