Civil Structural Engineer - Substations
Civil / Structural Engineer - Substations
Locations: Raleigh NC, Madison WI, Philadelphia PA
Great opportunity for an experienced Civil/Structural Engineer to join our expanding T&D Project team focused on Substation utility projects. Reporting directly to our Senior Engineering Leader(s), you will apply your strong technical abilities and effective communication skills to fill a diverse position as a Civil Engineer on electric Substation Design projects for high-voltage utility systems and renewable energy interconnection projects. Experience with these programs is a major priority - software (Microstation, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation 3D).
- Designing structures and providing site development for electric utility projects including support structures, foundations, access roads, drainage, and ancillary structures.
- Delivering accurate and thorough designs that will meet industry standards and specifications.
- Reviewing internal and external designs for code compliance, good design practice and constructability.
- Preparing project specifications for material and equipment purchase and installation.
- Partner with clients, vendors, permitting agencies and various other team members and stakeholders to see projects through to completion.
- Develop panel and interconnect wiring using the NESC, ASCE, and utility standards, in addition to customer specifications.
- Maintaining complete project documentation with respect to civil/structural design and construction, including all completion packages, as-built requirements and return data information.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in substation design and switchyards for electric utility or heavy industrial projects.
- Bachelors' Degree in Civil Engineering
- MUST be proficient with Microstation and/or AutoCAD
- Familiarity with PLSCAD, LPILE or similar is a plus
- Civil Engineering design work experience related to 69kV/115kV/138kV/230kV/345kV/500kV electrical substations and/or electrical switchyards, including: site grading, drainage analysis, foundation layouts, oil containment designs, metal grate platform designs, and fire wall designs.
- Strong analytical abilities, including use of online analytic tools, ability to identify relevant metrics and ability to apply them, as relevant, to the business, our clients and your projects.
- Self-initiator, results-driven, strong attention to detail with ability to work independently and manage projects.
- Thrive in an unstructured, varied and client-driven work environment.
Salary: $DOE. Also offers bonus structure, comprehensive benefits, and relocation assistance.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media