Night Shift Production Supervisor Bakery Manufacturing
Night Shift Production Supervisor - Bread Bakery Food Manufacturing
similat job titles: Operations Supervisor, Plant Supervisor, Team Lead, Production Superintendent
Location: Murfreesboro, TN; about 40 miles southeast of Nashville
Shifts: 2nd and 3rd shift positions available
Job Summary: Reports to the Production Manager. Responsible for a team of production workers in a medium-sized, 450 persons bread and roll bakery manufacturing plant. Manages all production activities that are required to safely produce quality products with the most efficient use of labor and materials on a scheduled shift and line(s).
Desired Leadership Traits:
- Able to corral team onto the same plan of action.
- Knowledgeable enough to identify the best action plan.
- (5) Five or more years’ experience, with at least 3 years in supervision within a high-speed bakery manufacturing environment.
- Bread or Buns experience required; experience working with ovens.
- Experience with large-scale bakery equipment.
- Understanding of function between ingredients, time, and temperature in the baking process.
- Willingness to work 2nd and/or 3rd shift
- Union management experience preferred
Other Desired Traits:
- Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing experience
- AIB training
- BRC / SQF knowledge
This job offers the following:
- Outstanding opportunities with a stable and established organization.
- Excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive healthcare
- Defined pension plan
- Highly adequate relocation assistance is provided if needed.
Are You A Good Fit?
Essential Skills for Success:
- Innovator and leader in change.
- Promote and utilize other’s talents.
- Actions are plan-based and result from strategy as opposed to reactionary.
- Goals achieved by teamwork instead of own personal efforts.
- Leadership style yields influence and trust. You’re not just “the boss”.
- Achieves results.
Consider This Before Applying:
- Does this job describe work you would enjoy doing?
- Do you meet most of the minimum requirements?
- Have you considered everything if you would need to relocate?
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media