Bipolar Plate Design Engineer
If you've been interested in getting into the world of sustainable/green products - this is a great opportunity. When I started worked with this client just over a year ago, they had about 15 employees, now they have 25 and by the end of this year, they will be close to 40. They are in the industrial gases space, have procured a lot of funding and interest in the technology they are developing and are in the process of forming an engineering and science team towards the commercialization of their technology with the goal of delivering a commercially viable product by the end of this year.
This role is an integral position for this company as they continue the development of their technology. To this point, they have put together some crude prototypes in order to be able to prove out the viability of their technology, now they are building prototypes for the purposes of commercialization. This person's focus will be on bipolar plate and manifolds for electrolyzer stacks. This will include working with the modeling team to do simulations and modeling to develop and refine designs, and then collaborating with the manufacturing teams to determine cost and scalability.
- B.S. degree in engineering or science
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of post-college industry experience
- Must have experience designing bipolar plates and manifolds for electrolyzers or fuel cells at a Tier-1 company
- Should have proficiency in CAD software and should have proficiency in simulation tools such as ANSYS, COMSOL, or something similar
- Should have a working knowledge of metallurgy, materials science, manufacturing processes and/or electrochemistry
- Previous startup company experience is a huge plus
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media