Continuous Improvement Manager
$125000 to $140000 Per Year
Senior Manager, Continuous Improvement-Middletown VA
Relocation assistance available, benefits start day 1of employment
Lead utilization of the CI Business System within the Business Unit.
• Know which and when to apply various continuous improvement tools and concepts to effectively execute key business projects.
• Facilitate Strategy Deployment sessions to develop annual strategic plans.
• In conjunction with the Divisional CI Business System Director, successfully execute the CI Business System strategic roadmap.
• Establish and work closely with the CI Business System Core Team to identify ways to accelerate culture change and embed the CI Business System as a “way-of-life” within the Business Unit.
• Partner with CI Business System Managers across the division to manage and support cross-GEO and cross-functional improvement activity.
• Deliver training in the CI Business System such as Lean leadership, value stream mapping, kaizen, daily management, waste and variation elimination, material flow, standard work, cellular flow, SMED, 5S, visual management, lean sourcing, Lean office, built-in quality, etc.
• Provide “sensei-type” coaching to leadership to develop their Lean expertise over time.
• Act as a change agent and constantly challenge the status quo.
• Identify best practices within and outside the company and serve as a conduit for best-practice sharing and adoption across the business unit to promote the CI Business System benefits.
• Challenge organizational leaders as necessary to create an action-biased culture of continuous improvement and proliferate CI and Lean thinking throughout the organization.
• Provide guidance for chartering of projects and kaizen events.
• Manage and facilitate continuous improvement projects and kaizen events to improve productivity and accelerate growth.
• Capture and record training and project improvements. Align projects to support business needs and targets.
• Communicate, provide required reports and information, and participate in reporting processes as part of the CDD Business Management Processes, champion, track, measure and report on CI savings and CI Business System maturity monthly.
• Partner with finance personnel to evaluate project savings estimates, validate reported CI benefits, and ensure accurate accounting of CI Productivity.
• Responsible for coordinating Root Cause Countermeasure process to close gaps in CI Productivity.
• Support development of process managers and kaizen leaders within the business functional areas to support ongoing process improvement.
• Manage the Business Unit CI Business System resource Skills and Capabilities matrix.
• May periodically be assigned to lead specific projects across the division or company, which align with the CDD strategic plan and company goal tree objectives.
- The successful candidate is personable, highly ethical and thrives in a collaborative environment
- Excellent proactive communication capabilities, identifying and addressing issues via candid dialogue
- Deep knowledge of and “hands-on” experience training and implementing TPS-based business systems using the following tools is required:
- Strategy Deployment: X-Matrix and/or A3 thinking
- Lean Leadership (Daily Management, Leader Standard Work, and Gemba Walks)
- Value-stream mapping
- Kaizen events on cell design/3P, standard work, error-proofing, material flow, Kanban, visual management, etc.
- Expertise in problem-solving utilizing a formal program/process.
- Exceptional consulting skills, especially in situations requiring persuading, negotiating, resolving conflict, and advising.
- Ability to quickly understand underlying business principles, assess target audience and make strong recommendations.
- Able to drive strategic thinking and continuous improvement in both operational and non-operational areas, including connecting the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams.
- Skilled in teaching improvement concepts and principles to diverse audiences from senior management to front-line staff
- Proven track record for developing training and coaching teams
- High level of energy; can bring a passion to excel. Able to energize and influence a wide spectrum of people
- Ability to balance priorities and thrive in a complex global business environment
- Ability to drive culture of accountability
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, biology, chemistry, operations, business, or related field
- A Lean professional with a minimum of 10 years of continuous improvement experience in a process manufacturing environment following a formal management systems approach
- Experience in the Diagnostics and Medical Devices industry is desired
The Continuous Improvement Manager is a lean leader who liaises with business leaders to identify, assess, and analyze opportunities for continuous improvement. He/she directly interacts with business teams to align training and improvement plans with their strategic objectives and ensures that projects have clear ownership within the business to drive execution.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media