Behavioral Health RN
BHN RN – Full-time 8-530pm M-F and a salaried fully benefited position. Likely no weekends. Self Scheduling
Behavioral health nurses use tools like biofeedback, relaxation techniques, and behavior modification to help patients change habits, alter thought patterns, and find ways to deal with pain or stress. These nurses also have special training in psychiatric nursing practice and theories of personality development.
As a Behavioral Health RN you will:
- Maintain the delivery of quality patient care with a specialty in the area of behavioral/mental health.
- Combine the activities of direct and indirect care provided to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Partner with CHHA, CNA, LVN, and RN staff regarding patient care activities.
- Monitor clients' conditions; reporting changes to Clinical or Client Services Manager
- Follow up with, execute, and properly document doctors' orders of about 30 patient visits a week
- This is a full head-to-to assessment then a dive into the psychological aspect with patient and family. Then partner with medication changes with physicians.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- Baccalaureate or Associate Degree in Nursing or Diploma Graduate. Possess and maintain current CPR certification
- Must have 2 years of Psychiatric RN nursing experience in home health hospital inpt psych wing or floors, state facilities with mental health assessments and medications in an accredited psychiatric program
- Acute care experience in medicine and surgery in a hospital setting strongly preferred. Home care experience preferred
- Active RN License in state
- Clean DMV and transportation
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media