Lean Manufacturing Manager
The Lean Manufacturing Manager (Operational Excellence Manager), will be responsible for facilitating the strategic lean transformation within the Manufacturing Operations. This person will introduce lean concepts that support year over year improvement on key financial metrics. The goal of this individual will be to improve total cost by leveraging the best balance of labor, equipment and material costs on a variety of projects.
This role will be responsible for managing all manufacturing processes in a fast paced, high volume, manufacturing environment. The selected candidate will lead a group of Industrial Engineers and responsible for ensuring that the processes associated with their designated area(s) are being followed. Provide coaching and mentoring to direct reports (both hourly and supervisory) regarding World Class Manufacturing techniques for problem solving and corrective action implementation.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and knowledge sought below but, of equal importance, he or she will be self-motivated, possess a positive attitude, and be a creative thinker. This is a “hands-on” position that will work across the global organization in a competitive atmosphere. Working effectively with cross-functional teams is crucial for success.
- Develop, deliver and monitor action plans to drive productivity improvements.
- Coach leaders on applicable technical continuous improvement tools.
- Develop and execute an ongoing continuous improvement strategy.
- Ability to understand and become a subject matter expert and drive projects within a tight schedule window to improve the integration of people, system, and process.
- Coach industrial engineering team on tools to develop standardize work and layout that promotes full value-added utilization of people and machines.
- Standardize processes for capacity analysis and performance tracking of the manufacturing lines.
- Prepares a concise and thorough budget and resource plan for CI projects
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field; Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years production/maintenance supervisory experience in manufacturing environment. High preference for automotive experience.
- Applicable technical knowledge- ability to teach lean within an organization and develop others in the discipline.
- Demonstrable results in operational lean implementation.
- Ability to direct, motivate, inspire and manage a multi-disciplinary technical team.
- Demonstrate a high degree of leadership skills that allow the individual to influence all levels of the organization and make positive change.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be able to build effective business relationships with plant leadership and customers.
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding and working knowledge of statistics.
- Advanced knowledge and training with LEAN systems, methods and tools (KAIZEN, Six Sigma, Toyota Production Systems etc).
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media