The Tax Supervisor is responsible for working collaboratively with clients, partners, and staff to provide comprehensive tax advisory and compliance services. They are also responsible for the training and supervision of junior staff which provides an outstanding opportunity to develop leadership skills and accelerate career advancement.
A flexible work schedule is available for this position which can be conducted on-site or through a hybrid model.
- Review of various tax returns and related workpapers - corporate, partnership, and individual
- Preparation of complex corporate and partnership tax returns
- Serves as a technical resource for tax staff and interns
- Conducts basic to complex tax research
- Collaborates with firm colleagues, clients, and other service providers to conduct comprehensive tax planning for individual, corporate, partnership, and trust tax clients
- Reviews federal, state and local tax notices and drafts responses
- Delegates work to tax staff and interns
- Supervises tax staff and interns; defines expectations and performance indicators
- Participates in firm wide and tax department administrative projects
- Acts as key client contact person for some engagements
- Fosters and exemplifies collaborative working relationships with all firm staff members
- Assists with training of other tax department or firm accounting personnel
- Develops a network of industry peers and business contacts, meets with prospective clients, and cultivates referral business
- At least 5 years of experience in public accounting with a heavy emphasis on taxation
- Bachelor's or master's degree in accounting (or taxation) from an accredited college or university
- CPA license
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills to meet client and tax compliance deadlines
- Self-directed and self-motivated work ethic that contributes to the client service team by producing quality work with quick turnaround and attentive service
- Works with an entrepreneurial approach to client service while building positive working relationships with clientele
- Comfortable with preparing and presenting workshops, seminars and training sessions to both internal and external audiences
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media