Sr. Principal Automation Engineer - Utilities
Sr. Principal Automation Engineers with Electrical Utilities experience needed to work REMOTELY for a multi-office systems integration company catering to the Electrical Utilities, Power Generation and Distribution, Food and Beverage, Oil & Gas, Chemical and other industries.
Why work here?
- Work remotely from home office
- Stable growing company in business for over 18 years
- Variety of industries served
- Philosophy of mutual respect and positive work environment
- Competitive compensation with annual reviews and bonuses
- Full benefits! Health, Dental, Vision, Life
- 401k fully vested on 1st day! 100% to 3%, 50% to 5%
- Education reimbursement!
- 4-and-a-half-day work weeks all year!!
- Work with Business Development Managers and Project Managers to identify, estimate, secure and support opportunities to provide Automation Consultative Services
- As part of providing Automation Consultative Services, assess client needs and requirements through a structured consultative process/approach to understand client business challenges, existing automation systems, and related issues impacting client’s quality, delivery, cost, and growth
- Determine recommended automation system solutions, work with Project Managers to develop migration roadmaps, program plans, and implementation cost estimates, and work with Business Development Managers to develop/deliver proposals and secure the project implementation business
- Support Project Manager as Lead Engineer to plan, schedule, and coordinate the technical aspect of a project as well as mentor early career engineers during project implementation
- Participate in client meetings and resolve any technical issues on projects
- Ensure project team’s use of company’s engineering processes, design tools and best practices to drive project performance
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration with peers, management, and the client
- Display leadership abilities including honesty, integrity, and professionalism
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- BS Degree in Engineering from ABET accredited university (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 15+ years of automation and controls experience in the Electrical Utility Industry
- Requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills and regular interaction with assigned project clients and partners
- Strong ability to provide and effectively deliver technical presentations to clients
- Very good knowledge of multiple industry leading vendor platforms, architectures, and data communications for PLC, SCADA, and DCS systems such as, but not limited to, Rockwell Automation, Siemens, Inductive Automation, Aveva/Wonderware, Emerson, and ABB.
- Good understanding of system data collection, database management, and data analytics that support client’s business decisions
- Electric Utility domain knowledge that includes:
- Turbine Controls (Steam, Gas, Liquids)
- Burner Management Systems (BMS)
- Combustion Controls
- Balance of Plant
- Cyber Security
- NERC CIP
- Substation Monitoring and Controls
- Renewable energy generation
- Microgrid Controllers
- NERC critical alarm testing
- Protection Relays and Control (specific knowledge of SEL and GE)
- ADMS (Advanced Distribution Management Solutions)
- AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure)
- Remote site sensors, metering, and monitoring
- Role requires the ability to travel between 25-40%, both locally and overnight – US only
- Must possess mobility to work across any setting and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from Company offices
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media