Our client is a growing Northwest Suburban Chicago CPA firm with over 50 employees and is looking for talent at the Tax Senior level.
They have amazing perks that set them apart from other firms including golf outings, holidays parties, happy hour Fridays, 1/2 day Friday , casual office attire , 4 weeks vacation, 401K with match and more.
Additionally most of their associates have the ability to work 2-3 days/week from home.
As a Tax Senior, you will help support our growth, identify and seize new business opportunities and work closely with tax team leads. We provide an exceptional opportunity to develop professionally through exposure to strategic tax planning and compliance, deal structure consultations, and business advisory services. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in partnership, S-corporation, C-corporation, trust, exempt entities and individual taxation.
- Works with the tax team to prepare and learn to review tax returns
- Provides timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations
- Handles routine client tax questions, and works with clients to collect necessary information for tax return completion and compliance
- Stays informed about Firm capabilities other than tax compliance area, and promotes these activities to clients when appropriate
- Completes research and special projects as needed
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 4-5 years of recent experience in Public Accounting with an emphasis in taxation
- Experience with S Corporations and Partnerships
- Experience with FAS109/ASC740
- Understanding of tax code and technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance
- CPA, or currently working toward passing CPA exam
- Ability to work closely with clients to answer questions or to collect necessary information for tax service requirements
- CPA license a plus
- Strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation, review experience a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as good computer skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with a 20-50 person or large regional accounting firm is a plus
- Masters of Taxation preferred, but not required
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media