Imaging Engineer/Optical/Space/Remote Sensing/Signal Processing
Imaging Engineer/Optical Engineer/Imaging Systems/Space/Remote Sensing/Signal Processing
We’re looking for an Imaging Systems Engineer who will support our analytics team. This person will work across operations, engineering, product, and analytics teams to help us solve some of the hardest problems in remote sensing.
As an Imaging Systems Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Providing design inputs to select state-of-the-art optical and sensor technologies to integrate into a space environment
- Optical and Electro-Optical System performance modeling including imaging and radiometric/photometric properties. Experienced in system level architecture, performance modeling, and trade studies.
- Developing and tracking system level requirements throughout the sensor design process.
- Experience in different aspects of imaging system design: Optical, Electrical, and Algorithms for Image Processing.
- Experience in test and evaluation of Electro-Optic systems: Sensitivity, MTF, Uniformity, Vicarious Calibration, Cross-Calibration, etc.
- Direct involvement with the manufacture, assembly, and troubleshooting of systems.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Significant working in remote sensing
- Matlab and Python programming experience
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a startup environment
- Comfortable with rapid decision-making and taking ownership of system design
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- This role will require some travel
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with atmospheric correction, plume modeling
- Understanding of detector material concepts and physics/electrical engineering concepts related to spectrometers and line-scanning sensors
- Experience with statistical and non-statistical methods of hyperspectral image cube noise reduction strategies (e.g. Wavelets, Minimum Noise Fraction, Principal Component Analysis, etc.)
We offer competitive compensation and equity packages
Company-sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance, with 100% premiums covered by for employees and 50% for dependents
Work From Home Mondays and Fridays
Lunch Delivery Service (From the Hottest Spots in town) Tuesday to Thursday
Occasional Happy Hours
We like to have fun!
ITAR Requirements: U.S. Government space technologies export/ITAR regulations apply here, applicant must be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media