Are you a Controller with manufacturing experience? Are you a Controller who wants to play a key role in the growth of our client's plant with a future plant expansion that will double the workforce? If you can answer "yes" to these questions, you should consider this opportunity.
Our client is a global manufacturer that is a leader in innovative and quality manufacturing of closures and dispensing systems. Our client is celebrating 100 years in business this year, and our client serves a huge range of markets-- health & beauty & home care; food & beverage; and industrial. Our client supplies both boutique manufacturers and the world’s top brands with a variety of rigid packaging caps and dispensers. As Controller, reporting to the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for the financial oversight for the manufacturing and trading operation(s). You will lead activities associated with the financial operations of the businesses including cost accounting, financial and management reporting, budgeting and forecasting, internal controls, and cost accounting.
As Controller you will:
- Prepare, execute and report the financial plans (Budgets, Forecasts, Long range plans) for the business.
- Work with leadership to provide support through business analysis, strategic oversight, identification of areas for improvement and management of key projects, including product margin and customer margin analysis.
- Manage the financial statement close process to timely and accurate completion while ensuring conformity with corporate accounting policies, procedures and control requirements.
- Ensure preparation of weekly and monthly forecasts of the income statement, balance sheet and cash flows.
- Forecast and work with project owners on capital spending
- Analyze, review and report metrics to determine the operational effectiveness of our manufacturing operations and business processes
- Maintain an accurate system of standard and actual costs and analyze manufacturing variances, including process improvements
- Follow accounting policies and practices to conform with US GAAP accounting and Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements
- Be a key part of the management team and work with other finance leaders in the business
As Controller your background should include:
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Accounting and Finance
- CPA or CMA a plus
- Strong financial management accounting skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and facilitate teams
- Advanced skills with accounting and financial consolidated systems
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to anticipate changing business needs and communicate potential external risks
- Lean/Six Sigma problem solving experience a plus
- Project and process management experience
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media