Process / Safety Engineer
$80000 to $90000 Per Year
Our client operates a very large food ingredients operation in central Illinois. This site has over 250 employees and lots of room for growth. In this role you will be one of four Process Engineers at the site who focus on doing projects with a mix of focus towards safety and process.
- Embed a PSM culture in the EHSQS Management System at the facilities and develop local knowledge
- Provide regulatory interpretation and technical support on process safety matters and site projects
- Compliance efforts in line with COMAH/OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM)and EPA Risk Management Plan (RMP) rules
- Efforts around Dust Hazards (Analysis, risk reduction, training)
- Collection and maintenance of Process Safety Information (PSI) with plant personnel
- PHA revalidation scheduling and employee participation with plant personnel
- Process safety training needs
- Review of contractor PSM qualifications
- Review and follow-up of Mechanical Integrity inspection reports
- A sustainable approach to PSM self-audits and inspections
- Site’s record keeping process for tracking and closing PHA and audit action items
- Introduce Process Safety Performance indicators into the facilities
- Determine appropriate process hazard analysis methodology based on scope of work and proposed Management of Change (MOC)
- Oversight of Process Safety Critical Asset Integrity/Mechanical Integrity program at the facility.
- Development of Major Accident Response Plans/Emergency Response Plans and Teams
- Implement a sustainable uniform format for developing and updating Operating Procedures
- Establish a culture of program ownership through employee participation by coaching and mentoring employees on their roles and responsibilities within process safety management
- Provide oversight to MOC by maintaining and auditing MOC and Pre-Start Up Safety Review (PSSR) records and procedures
- Champion facility siting process to embed requirements into an effective management system
- Participate in process safety incident investigations
- Analyze process safety incidents and trends and develop strategic goals for implementation
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical or Mechanical field
- 2+ years of engineering experience at the manufacturing plant level. Process industry preferred.
- Deep understanding of PSM, OSHA, NFPA, ASME, API standards and codes
Experience in root cause investigation techniques
Qualified PHA facilitator
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, team building and influencing skills
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media