ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGER
Provide day-to-day leadership and overall guidance to the production professional staff and ensure high standards of safety and environmental performance while delivering against production cost, quality and schedule objectives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Become a technology expert on the PGA processes by working closely with PGA
technology experts to learn the PGA plant process and equipment.
- Supports Production Manager and works with Production Team to ensure production is completed to meet business requirements (safely, on spec quality and on schedule)
- Ensure timely technical input provided for process or facility changes utilizing the site MOC process, and appropriate communication and training is provided for all affected employees.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are written, maintained, utilized and complied with.
- Ensures sufficient production engineer staffing for 24/7 production operation.
- Works with production staff to determine maintenance needs in a manner that is least disruptive to production.
- Work closely with Production and Reliability Teams to prioritize and schedule all maintenance and reliability work.
- Work closely with Engineering Manger to support execution of annual Capital and
Expense project work (Production Engineers provide Process Scope and MOCs).
- Ensures timely incident (SHE, Process, Quality and Reliability) reporting, investigation and documentation, with corrective actions identified to prevent recurrence, and followed up to completion.
- Ensure appropriate Hazard Review for process changes or non-SOP production activities.
- Support ensuring good housekeeping is maintained in production areas
- Supervise and coach direct reports (Production Engineers and Production Staff) to ensure organizational goals are met.
- Involve team in problem solving activities with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Conducts safety huddles with staff on an on-going basis.
- Serves as a role model for ensuring compliance with Kureha PGA policies.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state safety/environmental laws and regulations.
- Issue, verify and sign special work permits, confined space entry permits and tank entry permits.
- Ensures adequate training for operations personnel is completed
- Raw Material Demand, Production Planning and Scheduling
Peers- Quality Manager, Reliability Manager, SHE Specialist, Administration Manager, Operations Specialist
Management-Plant Manager, Japanese Management Subordinates- Production Engineers, Team Leaders, Operators, Purchasing/ Logistics Coordinator, System Specialist, Process Control Specialist
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, core competencies, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- BS Engineering (Chemical Preferred)
- 8+ years of Chemical plant experience.
- Demonstrated chemical production experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with teams in a Leadership Role
- Demonstrated experience with requirements of PSM (OSHA 1910.119)
- Experience with major plant shutdowns, turnarounds, and start-ups
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- None required
Analytical - In order to perform the duties of the Asst Production Manager, an individual must be able to use intuition and experience to complement data and information; design work flows and procedures to accomplish goals.
Problem Solving - This individual must identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information; develop alternative solutions when necessary, work well in group problem solving situations; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management- May be called upon to coordinate projects; communicate changes and progress; complete projects on time and within budget; manage project team activities.
Technical Skills - This individual should have excellent Engineering and computer skills. He/she must be able to self-assess own strengths and weaknesses, pursue training and development opportunities; strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; share expertise with others.
Interpersonal Skills - This individual must direct the work of the Production Engineers & Staff as well as interact and communicate with all staff and plant personnel. He/she should focus on solving conflict, not blaming; maintain confidentiality in specific situations; listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under control; remain open to others' ideas and tries new things when possible.
Leadership- This position collaborates with the Leadership positions within the plant. Strong leadership skills are needed in order to drive a complex change management process. Must have the ability to inspire and motivate others to support organizational goals and objectives.
Oral Communication– The ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; and proactively participate in meetings.
Written Communication - Must be able to write clearly and informatively. Individual should be able to read and interpret written information. Must have the ability to read, understand, and explain P&ID’s and PFDs.
Teamwork - This individual promotes a teamwork environment which is crucial for the efficient operation of the plant. Therefore, he/she must balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; support everyone's efforts to succeed.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions (work design, delays, purchases, impact on
budget, etc.); Aligns work with strategic goals.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media