Assistant Chief Design Engineer
Lead the design, development, and release of automotive seating, interior trim and/or powersport seating products. Work directly with customers, suppliers, and internal multi-functional team to design innovative and valuable products which meet or exceed all requirements and regulations. Support research, business objectives, and problem solving for continuous improvement.
- Minimum B.S. in Engineering or equivalent (Mechanical, Product Development, etc)
- Typically, 6+ years' experience with automotive seating or interior trim product design
- Typically, 3+ years' experience project lead or management
- Knowledge of safety regulations/standards test setup pertaining to automotive seating and interior products (FMVSS, ECE, DIN, IIHS, etc).
- Familiar/efficient with parametric modeling and drafting/annotation in CAD (CATIA V5 preferred)
- Familiar with performing FEA simulations and interpretation of results
- Experience with product design for manufacturing (DFM)
- Experience with project/team schedules (experience with MS Projects is a plus)
- Proficient on MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel locally (driving), domestic and/or internationally (air) without restriction (typically less than 10%)
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media