Our client is a U.S.-based satellite intelligence company. Their analytic solutions detect real-time changes in the physical world, providing businesses and governments the data they need to make important decisions. They are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their growing team!
You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse team of highly skilled developers working on a variety of projects. They try to develop an ego-free work environment to produce the best ideas and they are eager to hear your input!
Role and Responsibilities:
As a DevOps Engineer you will be expected to maintain CI/CD processes within a GitLab source control system and autonomously deploy the company’s production services to Kubernetes and AWS. You will be responsible for the stability of these services in the cloud and will be called upon to repair, upgrade, maintain and correct irregularities that occur in their normal processes while deployed.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Work with software engineers to ensure that automated code tests result in a smooth transition to operational deployment; reduce time from development to an operational deployment.
- Establish a fully integrated continuous integration pipeline (Build -> Test -> Deploy)
- Improve software development processes and workflows to minimize operational errors.
- Assist with design and implementation of robust services with failover.
- Ensure that failures in operational systems are detected quickly and are repaired and/or failed over and that the devops team maintains situational awareness.
- Reduce operational cloud costs by reducing inefficiencies and identifying and eliminating underutilized resources.
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines, support scripts, build environment images and VMs (GITLAB CI/CD or Jenkins experience)
- Use JIRA/Confluence to complete associated documentation tasks.
Qualifications: You should be familiar with some of these - you are not expected to be an expert in all (listed in order of priority):
- Kubernetes, Docker, at-scale deployments
- Cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Java, Python
- Bash scripting
- Logging tools (Kibana / ELK stack, Splunk Nagios)
- NoSQL and/or SQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, MySQL, Postgres)
- RESTful services
- Networking such as Routing protocols, VPN technologies, IP addressing in virtual data centers, DNS.
- Securing cloud deployments
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Science, or other engineering discipline in which software development is a focus, or equivalent directly related experience
- US Persons Only – US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- The ideal candidate will have approximately 5 years or more of related experience
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media