Controller - School Finance
$60000 to $75000 Per Year
The Finance Controller focuses on being an active part of a high-functioning, fast- moving team and play a critical role in supporting school and student needs. This position will report directly to the Manager of School Finance in the Financial Services group and will monitor, analyze and advise on budget decisions for multiple funding sources with our schools.
- Responsible for understanding and implementing state and federal requirements including applying for grant awards, monitoring budgets, and ensuring compliance regulations.
- Work collaboratively with school leadership and other supporting departments to develop, review, and adjust school budgets; provide regular and timely updates on spending to allow for proactive decision making as it relates to school business.
- Evaluate and monitor spending against school budgets for sustainability, allowability, and program alignment. Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of financial statements, spending as it relates to budget, and student record information through the use of multiple company and state data, financial, and grant system platforms.
- Acquire and maintain expertise regarding applicable federal, state, local laws, and accounting rules and regulations. - Responsible for creation and submission of grant applications and amendments based on unique school and student needs for multiple schools and funding sources.
- Advocate for schools' needs with departments of education, school boards and chartering authorizers. - Communicate clearly to teammates, schools, vendors, Service Center departments, and state departments of education while providing excellent customer service.
- Assess complex situations and provide solutions both independently and through a comprehensive team approach. - Assists with programmatic and financial audits as needed.
- Adhere to strict confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
**Hybrid position - team works from home on Wednesdays. Flexibility outside of this for appointments, etc.
- Experience in business, accounting, or related field
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; accounting, business or related field is preferred
- Self-directed, highly motivated, growth minded
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in interdependent teams requiring strong collaborative skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Proven ability to analyze and summarize large amounts of data for customers
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media