Great opportunity to work at company headquarters based north of the Atlanta, GA area. As an Automation Engineer, you will be developing PLC and/or SCADA applications and control software, perform startup and testing, and provide training. Develop application software to meet the requirements of project contractual documents while adhering to project methodology.
Requirements: Candidates must have good communications skills and the ability to work well with others.
- 3+ years of Allen Bradley and Modicon or Schneider PLC programming or SCADA experience preferred
- Ability to write code from scratch
- Experience writing control logic for flow, level, pressure, etc. controls
- Experience writing automatic control sequences
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives project requirements and direction through meetings with the Regional or Project Manager and review of the contract documents.
- Produces the System Control Narrative on projects.
- (PLC) Application Engineers develop Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) application programs based on the contract documents and System Control Narrative using the PLC manufacturer’s Programming Software.
- Installs all developed application software and required vendor software, and verifies their proper execution.
- Interfaces company supplied equipment to third-party vendor systems via industrial communication protocols, when applicable.
- Participates in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT), when required.
- Demonstrates overall system functionality to the Owner/Engineer/Contractor including hardware and network operation, SCADA monitoring and control, displaying data, alarming, and historical data collection for report generation.
- Provides training to operators, supervisors, and administrative personnel.
- Generates and gathers all required final project documentation.
- Provides technical assistance to Customers.
- Ability to travel up to 40%, most of the travel is local and regional travel in the southeastern US.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media