Safety Engineer - Rail
$118000 to $125000 Per Year
The PSA Officer (Product Safety Assurance) will produce and/or review safety artefacts to support Rail Road safety case requirements (IAW 49 CFR 236) and others as needed for regulatory compliance. In addition, this person will be responsible for the engineering delivery and local product domain knowledge. This person will manage and support CENELEC compliance regulations as well as conduct safety engineering analysis (HazID, Hazard Analysis and Mitigations in line with EN 50126 and develop company processes and procedures.
- Act as independent reviewer for all safety related documentation
- Work with site Safety Engineers and the Systems Engineering Safety Manager within projects to understand timescale for delivery of safety related documentation and reviews
- Develop safety engineering related processes for approval by the business
- Conduct Audits of safety engineering activities and report findings to senior management
- Conduct training in safety engineering
- 5-10+ years of experience as a Safety Engineering practitioner
- Rail PTC Systems and FRA and CENELEC standards experience
- Previous Rail systems experience or work on high integrity systems (avionics/defense/nuclear) required
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media