Labor/Employee Relations HR Business Partner - Senior
As the SR. HR and Employee Relations Business Partner, you will drive employee relations and employee engagement across the North America Region (US & Canada). As the subject matter authority, this role will work on improving the general level of employee relations knowledge and skill in the HR operations group for North America. In addition, you will have a role in assisting in the resolution of union related issues, while maintaining our overall ER strategy and relationships.
- Develop and drive a regional and local ER strategy with the locations and corporate to deliver on current and future business priorities.
- Lead the continued development and implementation of an employee relations strategy for the region.
- Provide support and, where appropriate, leadership of labor relations processes to the region's 7+ unions, such as:
- Industrial relations activities (conciliations, 3rd Steps, Arbitrations, etc.)
- Briefing counsel or other advocates in arbitration
- Agreement negotiations and subsequent communications
- Education activities for supervision and workforce on labor relations matters.
- Support plants in resolving industrial relations challenges, including union disputes.
- Union dispute management
- Assist locations/regions with business case development for CBAs and other employee relations matters that require corporate approval or support.
- Oversight of location and regional employee engagement strategies to help drive better engagement across all employees in the region.
- Keep abreast of legislation changes, case precedence, and counsel the company on any issues that must be considered as likely to impact the business.
To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success we desire the following background:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or law preferred.
- 3-5 years demonstrable experience in ER roles in complex multi-site environments
- Minimum 10 years in union operations/industry
- Experience in relevant union activities (Arbitrations, etc.)
- Extensive experience dealing with Unions and building business based, positive relations.
- Sound knowledge of country/region employee relations legislation (US and Canada)
- Experience coaching teams in ER strategy development, negotiation skills and developing businesses cases.
- French Language Skills are a plus, but not required.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media