Production Manager, Cut & Wrap Plant
Responsibilities: The Production Manager will oversee the conversion of 78M+ pounds of cheese annually from bulk cheese into value added RTE packaged cheese. He/she will be responsible for all aspects (safety, quality, cost, delivery, team) related to production operations by coaching, training and improving leadership skills of operations supervisors. In addition, he/she will analyze problems, formulate and implement improvement plans for production processes associated with safety, quality, cost, delivery and team skills. Cross functional operations support will be given to internal customers (marketing, sales, procurement, scheduling, safety, quality, finance, distribution and human resources). Specific responsibilities include:
- Assuring safety of production team members
- Championing a CI mindset
- Encourage organization moving to a performance-based culture.
- Developing Team Leads, Line Leads and supervisors to assure professional/personal growth so there is a strong succession plan within the production department.
- Implementing, sustaining and improving the SQF traceability project.
- Implementing and sustaining a robust cross training system.
- Monitor and update monthly KPI’s
Requirements: BA/BS degree in Business, Engineering, Food Science, or related field plus a minimum 8 years’ demonstrated leadership experience with progressive responsibilities within a manufacturing facility.
- At least five (5) years’ experience with Food Manufacturing / Dairy Industry experience required.
- Familiarity with SQF, GMP’s, HACCP, Quality and Sanitation policies.
- Ability to work effectively with plant personnel, as well as interact with different support functions, customers and Senior Management.
- Understanding of capital management and budget management for a plant.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Global Supply Chain experience preferred.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media