Mortgage Underwriter (Work from Home)
$75000 to $110000 Per Year
LOCATION: Work from home
Why Consider Interviewing with our Top Mortgage Operations Client?
- Without a doubt, the top company culture we have encountered over the past 10 years!
- Family. Caring. Taking Care of Each Other. Leaning in Together. We can share numerous stories of how they exhibit empathy and/or compassion based on the circumstances. This extends even to their customers!
- In term of business, our client is one of the Southeast’s fastest growing banks and is seeking an experienced Mortgage Loan Underwriter to support its mortgage operations team.
- Their entire team’s mission is to provide a home lending experience unparalleled in client satisfaction and service excellence. All underwriting, closing, and funding are provided in-house thereby the entire loan process is managed under one roof.
- They are deeply committed to their core values of respect, team, integrity, and excellence.
Vision and Values:
Committed to a set of core beliefs that define their culture.
- One Team, One Bank
- Do the Right Thing
- Commitment to Excellence
- Exist for The Customer
- Treat People with Respect
- Enjoy Life
Benefits and Features:
- Work remotely or in an office environment (if you reside near one of their Southeast mortgage hub offices).
- Voted one of the Best Banks to Work For in America based on workplace policies, practices, benefits and employee satisfaction.
- Comprehensive company benefits: PTO, Holidays, 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
Your Role with the Company:
The Mortgage Underwriter position is responsible for providing a loan decision based on an individual’s credit history, financial position, and strength of collateral. This person must have an extensive understanding of FHA, VA, and RD guidelines. The ability to be approachable and manage workflow is essential. Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Complete, thorough analysis of loan files to determine compliance with investor, FHA, VA, RD, and State Housing guidelines.
- Respond to post-closing, insuring, and audit reviews in a timely fashion. Communicate loan decision to appropriate parties both orally and/or in writing.
- Review and clear conditions.
- Complete all required data entry into Encompass loan tracking systems.
- Communicate to Loan Originator and Processor through calls or emails related to loan products, underwriting guidelines, loan scenarios, file statuses, etc.
- Work outside the standard workday, if required.
- Associate’s degree or higher is preferred.
- 3+ years of origination underwriting experience, with current working knowledge of Fannie/Freddie, FHA/VA, RD, and State Housing guidelines, documents, and terminology.
- Thorough knowledge of automated underwriting systems, including Fannie Mae's Desktop Underwriter, Freddie Mac's Loan Prospector and Rural Development's Guaranteed Underwriting System.
- Strong customer service and ability to help in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to provide quick responses to questions.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with low tolerance for error.
- 5+ years of underwriting experience for Senior Level Underwriter consideration, DE certification required
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media