Scientist – Engineer – Polymers – Rubber – Chemicals
Location Boston, MA
Salary $120,000 – $150,000
Degree Master of Science, Doctor of Philosophy, Doctorate
Date Sep 09, 2016
Our client, a global manufacturer of chemical raw materials, requires an applications development technologist to lead activities for their Industrial Products segment, which focuses on a wide range of rubber products such as hoses, belts, and a variety of molded and extruded rubber parts. This influential role is critical to position the company as the development partner of choice with customers. The successful candidate will work in partnership with Marketing and Technology to define product development strategy. Job Responsibilities:
- Works in partnership with Global Marketing to define global segment product strategy, and with regional commercial and marketing personnel to define project priorities and allocate resources.
- Collaborates with global applications development colleagues
- Creates broad and deep understanding of the range of Industrial Products applications, including required and valued use, performance attributes, corresponding product requirements, and technical/ product applications of current and future market trends.
- Defines technical capabilities required for the Industrial Products market. Develops and maintains “center of excellence” knowledge and expertise in order to provide insight and expertise of performance in applications, expertise in necessary rubber processing steps and performance of company versus competitor products.
- Manages complex, multi-year projects, involving integration of multiple sites and functional areas. Leads design of creative solutions to applications challenges.
- Assembles cross-functional project teams to manage product development projects.
- Oversees and coordinates labs and lab testing and analysis of new applications complex product performance issues. Develops and enforces statistically rigorous applications test capabilities and works to develop and implement global testing standardization. Develops novel testing methods.
- Provides consistent and excellent customer support and service, to promote and enable adoption and use of existing and new products and develops capabilities through ‘center of excellence’ work.
- Protects company technology through adherence of intellectual property standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
Automotive Engineering Senior Manager
Oak Park, MI
$120,000 – $180,000
Sep 05, 2016
This is a very unusual and very exciting new position that we have just received. The client is a European manufacturer of specialty off road and construction vehicles used throughout Europe. They take stripped down chassis/powertrain units and join them to specialty cabs for customers all over Europe for many different applications. They have decided that it is in their best interests to purchase the components for the stripped down chassis/powertrain units in the US, and then assemble them here, and then ship the unit to Europe. They are looking for the “first American” in their company who will be their “guiding light” in terms of what to buy and where to buy the components for these units, and then build and lead a facility and hire people to assemble these units. The company is very successful in Europe, but knows that the components that they need are better and cheaper here in the States–They need someone who has extensive engineering background, both to include powertrain components and the assembly of them. See description below for more details.
The Powertrain Assembly Engineer shall be responsible for technical realization of up building the vehicle from the stripped down chassis. The role will answer directly senior management who will quantify the amount to be produced and the timeline that the vehicles are needed.
Given that the main role of the Powertrain Assembly Engineer is to build the vehicle the candidate needs to have established connections within the Automotive industry.
The ability to train and supervise employees on the factory line. The candidate will in effect be the supervisor of the facility.
The work is to be performed at in assembly plant environment. We are looking for a candidate who possesses considerable amount of creativity and initiative and expresses a high level of independent judgment.
Director, Automotive Manufacturing – Director Operations
Location Ann Arbor, MI
Salary $140,000 – $200,000
Date Sep 08, 2016
- Bachelor degree required; Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations preferred
- Master or MBA degree preferred
- 10+ years of related experience in a manufacturing environment with a career path demonstrating roles of increasing responsibility.
- Proven business results of improving operational performance in multiple locations
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Strong financial acumen
- Demonstrated competency in lean manufacturing and/or continuous improvement tools
- Proven track record of hiring and developing people.
- Travel up to 25%
The Director of Manufacturing Operations role will lead the operations group towards
$125,000 – $130,000
Bachelor of Science
Aug 16, 2016
PSRA Senior Manager NA (Product Stewardship & Regulatory Affairs)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage day to day operations of regional PSRA team; develops the ways of working in alignment and collaboration with the other Regional and Global teams
- Act as a PSRA focal point towards the Regional business organizations
- Actively contribute to the business planning with regulatory expertise and advice on relevant regulatory requirements and upcoming regulations
- Coordinate the PSRA day to day operative activities to ensure regulatory compliance in the Region
- Coordinate the product regulatory registrations, reporting and notifications that are relevant for the company
- Stay informed about regulatory upcoming changes and initiate regulatory advocacy activities if needed
- Contribute to the relevant industry association working groups, consortia related to the regulatory activities such as regulatory advocacy initiatives, registration dossier projects etc.
- Lead the PSRa Americas team by setting the targets, developing the way of working and support towards the business
- Actively contribute to global PSRA development and competence development within the PSRA management team and the head of PSRA function
Desired skills and experience: APPLY
Director of Commodity
Job Code (02393709)
Location: Evansville, IN
Salary: $120,000.00 – $170,000.00
Full Benefits: Yes
Interview Exp: Yes
Relo Exp: Yes
Comp Comments: + 20% Bonus
•Identifying, developing and promoting collaborative sourcing strategy and solutions driving changes in suppliers, processes, systems while meeting and/or exceeding savings, service, capacity and growth requirements;
•Managing staff to ensure departmental goals are achieved;
•Working collaboratively across the company to improve overall cost, service and on-time delivery performance;
•Developing new and enhancing existing processes, systems and programs;
•Proactively measuring, monitoring and reporting key performance indicators such as cost savings, inflation, on-time delivery, backorders, etc.;
•Negotiating agreements addressing capacity, risk and supply while meeting business objectives at the lowest total cost.
Education: 4-year degree required; Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or related disciplines preferred.
Required Skills:•5-7 years of experience in Materials, Sourcing or Purchasing; APPLY
Supply Chain Director
Location Phoenix, AZ
Salary $145,000 – $195,000
Industry: Medical Device
Job Code: 02392144
Aug 18, 2016
Director Supply Chain-Phoenix, AZ or Minneapolis, MN
This individual develops and implements supply chain strategies and innovative solutions which support business growth, customer satisfaction, cost management, and overall supply chain objectives for product availability, delivery performance, forecast accuracy, inventory, scrap/obsolescence and freight. This position works closely with the Leadership Staff, Operations Excellence, Field Inventory team, other internal cross-functional partners, as well as external parties to implement new supply chain models. A key and preliminary area of focus for this role is to develop and implement inventory strategies and models by working with external parties to reduce inventory investment. Subsequent areas of focus include, but are not limited to: developing new models for service (product availability, delivery performance and perfect order); planning systems, tools and analytics enhancement; and overall supply chain cost optimization.
Location Baltimore, MD
Salary $70,000 – $90,000
Date Aug 12, 2016
Category: Chemical Manufacturing
Job Type: Full Time
Company’s Municipal & Industrial segment enables our customers to improve their water treatment efficiency by providing value adding support and high performing chemicals.
We are looking for a Production Manager whose primary responsibilities will be managing safe and efficient production of water treatment chemicals. This position translates the operational goals of customer satisfaction, Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality into operational policies and procedures. This role also identifies and employs the necessary resources to satisfy stated goals in a safe and efficient manner within budgetary guidelines while providing leadership to production, plant services and warehouse/distribution personnel.
Your responsibilities will include:
Beverage Category Procurement Manager
Location Greensboro, NC
Salary $85 – $100
Aug 11, 2016
We have been engaged to find an experienced Beverage Category Procurement Manager for a rapidly expanding food service and CGP brand. Seeking a strategic leader with hand-on experience in leading the beverage category and CPG products for global sourcing and procurement. Ideal candidate has expertise with international sourcing for flavors, syrups, RTD juices, RTD sodas, RTD coffees with a strong packaging and beverage making equipment background. Experience with CPG branded product to help up-sell or enhance retail store sales is a plus.
The Beverage Category Procurement Manager is an exciting new position to support the global development and rollout of new products and the re-formulation of existing products for expansion to new regions of the world. You will work with R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing and Global Operations to identify key ingredients, understand packaging and production times, and research / seek-out niche and primary suppliers. May also be responsible for add-on products such as apparel, branded cups and lips and other items to help in the marketing and brand development.
The qualified Beverage Category Procurement Manager candidate will have: